I originally installed debian 1.3 stable version and enabled smbfs and rarp
on install.

I have recompiled the kernel to 2.0.32 and disabled these modules as they
were not needed.
I did the usual  make dep, make clean, make zImage, make modules, make
modules_install, and copied the zImage file to /boot and created a symbolic
pointer /vmlinuz ---->  /boot/zImage, and reran LILO
So far so good...and this works fine except...

On bootup I still get loading modules   smbfs, rarp
plus /lib/modules/2.0.32/ivp4/rarp.0: unresolved symbol kfree_skb_R2cfc2375
/lib/modules/2.0.32/ipv4/rarp.o: unresolved symbol arp   etc

How do I stop the kernel from loading these modules at startup ?
What haven't I done ?

Thanks in advance

Ian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]