On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Stan Brown wrote:

>       I have a Debian system, that is still at 1.2 (as verifed by
>       /etc/debian.versio). I plan on upgrading to 2.0 as soon as it becomes
>       stable.
>
>       Should I first upgrade to 1.3 first?

You shouldn't need to, but if you have any problems, please report them to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  The 1.3 upgrade will only result in a
lot of unnecessary time and effort if you plan on going to 2.0 soon after.

Make sure to use the autoup.sh, which is where your first report to the
group may come from (it's mainly been tested with 1.3).  Doing this
through dselect is sure to leave an unbootable system.

HTH,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l [EMAIL PROTECTED]          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds