Richard E. Hawkins Esq. wrote:

> I went and largely read the instructions.  "largely" meaning that my spanish
> is very rusty, and this was in portugese :)

Would it be possible for you to put together English translation or
summary of that document? My Portugese and Spanish is at 0. [ I would
not mind the CD not working as I would like to use it at work - sort of
a coup to work on Linux in a Win95 shop :-) ]

Thanks, Milan Zimmermann

> ANyway, I got the gist of it, but it leaves a couple of concerns:
>
> 1) if i'm reading it right, it can't access the cd.  This would be bad; all I
> wnat it for is to run the kid's games.  I suppose you could write a script to
> copy cd's to a partition.
>
> 2) I'm not clear as to whether win95 runs suid, or as a user.  Or even worse,
> if one would have to be root to run it.
>
> 3) hm, i wonder if sound would still work.  the kids games would be useless
> without it.
>
> rick
>
> --
> These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.
>
> --

----
Java now and to the next Millennium! - Visit http://www.javalobby.org
----
And one of this Millennium's "freedom fighters" at the end:

"We're giving away a pretty good browser as part of the operating
 system. How long can they [Netscape] survive selling it?"
 -Steve Ballmer, Microsoft executive vice president of sales and support
  Forbes, January 1997
-----