This is due to tcp wrappers on the ftp server of ftp.debian.org.  In
the /etc/hosts.deny they probably had the line 'ALL: PARANOID'.

This will disconnect hosts with name/address discrepencies.  For
instance, you connect as 'myhost.ml.org'.  ftp.debian.org looks up the
address for 'myhost.ml.org' and finds that IP aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is
assigned to 'myhost.myisp.net'.  Since 'myhost.ml.org' !=
'myhost.myisp.net' you get disconnected.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Network Administrator   |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875