Randomly, at times, my login screens fail to reappear
on any console after logging out on one console.  All I have
found that works to make login screens appear is to reboot.
I am running a hamm system.

     When the login screens fail to reappear, consoles do
not appear to do commands at all, and text is sometimes
echoed, sometimes not.  ^C does nothing, reset does nothing.

Things I did just before these random occurences:

*  Upgraded yesterday

*  Configured securetty for root login on only one console

     ...seems I might be running a sudo just before it happens,
when it happens, but most of times, sudo does not seem to
cause the problem.  Do any of you have any idea what might be
causing this problem?

Art