Some time around  Mon, 18 May 1998 22:21:23 MDT,
         Mike Patterson wrote:

 > I've started getting this error when trying to send mail, and I can't
 > recieve mail:
 >
 > What now? send
 > post: problem initializing server; [BHST] no servers available
 > send: message not delivered to anyone

This sounds like an error message from mh.  You are using one of mh clients,
right?

What this message is really saying is that you probably have your mail server
misconfigured or not running.  What mail transport agent are you using (i.e.
qmail, smail, sendmail or exim)?  Check that it's configured properly.

Try doing this:

telnet localhost 25

if you get "connection refused", your mail server is not running.  Start it
using the appropriate /etc/init.d script.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]