I tried to ask this once, but didn't get a response, so I'll try one more
time...

After upgrading one of our machines to hamm, I can no longer rsh to the
machine.  /etc/hosts.equiv consists of one line containing an nis netgroup
alias (e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED], where local_hosts are hosts in our local
network).  If I write the names of hosts in our network in this file, I
can use rsh, but I would rather use the alias.  Currently,
/etc/nsswitch.conf contains the line:

netgroup:       files nis [NOTFOUND=return] db

For passwd and group, I can use the word "compat", but this does not seem
to work for netgroup (and in the documentation, only passwd and group are
mentioned).

Anyone have any ideas how I can use the alias, or where else I might ask?
(Well, if I don't get an answer here, I'll probably e-mail the author....)

Kevin

P.S. Someone mentioned a few days ago that there was a new web site
specifically for Linux support.  Unfortunately, I deleted that message.
Can someone e-mail me the name of that web site?  Also, is this mailing
list archived anywhere on the web?

-----
Kevin Squire
[EMAIL PROTECTED]