On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Paul Miller wrote:

> Is there a reason Debian's suidmanager program sets the file mode of
> suexec to 0755 instead of 4711?
>
> Every time I upgrade apache, I have to re-edit the suexec.h file,
> recompile, and change the file mode to 4711 ... it's getting kind of
> annoying.

setting the right modes in /etc/suid.conf and/or chmod +s
/usr/lib/apache/suexec should be enough. Actually it is enough, I used
this solution and it works. And the default suid is off because i guess
not all sites want it suid... and it is wise to keep the number of suid
root programs as low as possible.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           [EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/