Loic,

One thing I did recently was upgrade to Hamm using apt-get.  Mailx is the only
problem I have noticed since then.
But now I think in the future I may get other problems since it looks like it
is only half-done.

When I do a dpkg -l on mialx I get :

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================

ii  mailx           8.1.1-3        A simple mail user agent.

for libc:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================

un  libc            <none>         (no description available)

for lib6c:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================

ii  libc6           2.0.7r-2       The GNU C library version 2 (run-time
files)

for libc5:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================

ii  libc5           5.4.38-1.1     The Linux C library version 5 (run-time lib

Loic Prylli wrote:

> > I reconfigured my smail, now when I run mailx from the command line I
> > have a problem. Example:
> > mailx -s "test" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > blah blah blah
> > Cc:
> > Null message body; hope that's ok
>
> This symptom has appeared at some point in some hamm releases. Could you
> tell precisely which version of mailx you are using? (and your libc
> version eventually)
>

> > When ever I press return to start a new line, I get the Null message
> > body; hope that's ok message.
> > Then when I recieve the mail, I have no message body.  Is this something
> > that can be switched in the /etc/smail/config file?
> > I have restarted smail several times, but to no avail.
>
> This would definitely be a bug in mailx, not in smail.
>
> Regards,
>
> Loic

What can be done about this?

Thanks,