On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Wimme wrote:

> Herez the prob: I have a 3Com Etherlink III (3c509) ISA card, static IP
> and a cable modem.

 By this I assume you mean that the 3Com card goes to the cable modem, and
the cable modem goes out to the Internet, right?

 Make sure that you've set up the route properly. You have to tell the
kernel to route packets out the Ethernet card. Take a look at the
NET-3-HOWTO, and also check out the "route" man page.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles         (248) 377-7735          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 "One of the main reasons for the downfall of the Roman Empire was that,
  lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
  their C programs." - Robert Firth