hmm.  I don't seem to be getting this.  From what I've read, All I need for an
SMP kernel is to change two lines to /usr/doc/linux/Makefile, so that it reads

# NOTE! SMP is experimental. See the file Documentation/SMP.txt
#
 SMP = 2
#
# SMP profiling options
 and then do the normal make, lilo, and reboot sequence.  After which, top
should show two loads rather than one.

Instead, though, I still only get one load.

I've tried the ocumentation, but it all seems to be lists of what hasn't been
done (SMP.txt) and technical writing about how SMP is implemented (smp.tex and
the howto).

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.