On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Dan Hrabarchuk wrote:

> I relativley new to Debian. I did my first Debian install a week ago, After
> 4 years of slackware, and a brief stint with RedHat

Welcome!

> <rant>
> (I asked three email support questions like, why doesn't g++ wok with full
> error messages etc. All answers "this is not an installation issue". g++ not
> installling is not an istalation issue !?)
> </rant>

Yes, that is a frequent complaint about Red Hat.  Their "official"
support is limited to installation problems only.  However, they do have a
mailing list for post-installation support, etc., which I found to be
quite helpful in my pre-Debian days.

> anyway, I was just wondering what Hamm is, and just to say "THANK YOU FOR
> DEBIAN!!!".

It is a codename for the current (2.0) version of Debian.  This name and
the others which have been used (buzz, rexx, bo, slink) came from the
names of characters in the movie "Toy Story".  The next version slink is
currently in the unstable tree.

----
Bob Nielsen                 Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tucson, AZ                  AMPRnet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]