Hi,

I've never connected two or more computers before, and have
questions regarding administration. I now have two Debian Linux
boxes connected via Ethernet and NFS up and running, no problem.

However, I can't get rlogin/rsh/rcp working "passwordlessly".
I have added +<host> in /etc/hosts.equiv on both boxes and gone
through /etc/login.defs with no success. I even get a password
prompt when doing 'rlogin localhost'! I'm sure there is a config
somewhere I've missed. How do you declare a host's chummy friends
besides hosts.equiv?

Secondly, what is the best way to propagate the passwd and group
files? I consider using NIS but haven't put my teeth in it yet.
I though perhaps an 'rcp' would do it, but since I can't rcp due
to the password prompt, well, you get the picture.

Any hints are welcome.

Regards,

/Gunnar