On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 02:38:12PM -0500, Eric Jensen wrote:
> I don't understand this problem at all.  I remember back when I ran bo
> that the xconsole started automatically when I started X and it reported
> things like remote logins and stuff.  Now, it doesn't start automatically
> (which is fine, but I thought it should since there is a "run-xconsole"
> line in my /etc/X11/config) and when I do start it, it doesn't tell me
> anything.  It just sits there.

Probably, '"run-xconsole" line in my /etc/X11/config' merely allows one
to run "xconsole" in an X session.

Note in /etc/syslog.conf:

        # The named pipe /dev/xconsole is for the `xconsole' utility. To use it,
        # you must invoke `xconsole' with the `-file' option:
        #
        #    $ xconsole -file /dev/xconsole [...]
        #

Automatically?  Run "xconsole -file /dev/xconsole" from ~/.xinitrc or
some other X Window startup routine.

--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Jack Kern   Yarmouth, Nova Scotia   Debian GNU/Linux