On 10 Sep 1998, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:

> Brian Sheehan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > i would be glad to hear from people who have gotten (or not) X running
> > with a gateway monitor (in particular an EV700)
> >
> Have you tried the Linux Monitor Data Base
> (http://cande.dyn.ml.org/monitors/)?

I think I ought to enquire where LMD got their figures from,
who checks them, and why they don't have some sort of disclaimer
on the web page in case people use their figures without thinking.

Fortunately, I think the EV700 protects itself from abuse, but many
older monitors will fry themselves trying to synchronise to an
out-of-spec signal.

I can only think that the person entering the figures didn't read
the prompts/headings. 120kHz indeed...

>From the book (Gateway part # 3828TUO001T) H= 30-69kHz,
V= 50-110Hz. (My own settings erred on the conservative side, Brian.)

Cheers,

--
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Tel: +44 1908 653 739  Fax: +44 1908 655 151