On 10-Sep-1998, Adam Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What will Linux (therefore Debian) do with the new Unix Driver Model
> being pushed by Intel, Compaq, SCO, Hewlett-Packard, etc??

Probably the usual:

        Wait for a concrete proposal.

        Wait until someone actually uses it.

        Evaluate the proposal, evaluate the implementations.

        Support it if Linux gains anything from it.

I don't think Linux will jump on the bandwagon until there
are tangible technical benefits.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.     - Benjamin Franklin

Tyson Dowd   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://tyse.net