Alan,

The bit of geek-speak at the bottom of the messagess in this list
tell how to unsubscribe.

> Unsubscribe?
> mail -s unsubscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED] < /dev/null

In plain language, this means send mail (any mailer will do, UNIX mail
Eudora, Elm, Pine, Netscape's mailer..)

to:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

with subject line containing only

        unsubscribe

and an empty message body.

If this fails to stop messages, send another message to the list
explaining the problem and ask for help. I think there is a person
at debian-user-request who will mnanually unsubscribe, but I don't
know how to make him/her read the message.

Let me know if this fails

--David