Thanks for that clarification. I think someone went looking for some tar
and feathers. :)

BTW - Someone posted that it would be unwise to reformat for Linux because of
the
lack of Iomega disk tools causing data loss. Please elaborate. We've been
working
and reformatting disks on our Macs sans the tools (we just have the basic driver
loaded). Also, when you get the option to do maintanance to the disk on a
Windoze
system, the standard defrag/scandisk dialogue comes up, and the reformat is the
stock Windows flavor. The only good I've seen with the utilities is the find
utility, so I don't load them. Is there something I'm missing? I certainly wish
to use Zip, and eventually Jaz with Linux, and in my extreme desire to
completely
seperate myself from the Microsoft dictatorship, I also wish to toss the Fat16
format these disks have in favor of the far superior ext2.

Mike