Yes, Juergen, using LOCAL? facilities is exactly what you want. Unfortunately,
the
facility used by services is, in general, compiled in. There's no "standard"
way to
split daemon.log though you could certainly write a perl script to do it. In
general
since the format is '<date> <host> <program[pid]>' writing such a script
wouldn't be
too difficult.