On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Michael Stutz wrote:
> > Check out /usr/doc/xbase/README.Debian for the scoop.
>
> I've just read it, and it doesn't say anything about xterm-debian.

  * The default keymappings for xterm are different than they are upstream, to
    comply with the Debian Keyboard Policy and make xterm's behavior more
    consistent with the Linux virtual console.  There are three terminal types
    (manipulated by the $TERM shell variable) recognized by terminfo, though
    the same xterm binary is used in all cases:
              1) xterm (this is the traditional X11R6.3 xterm and is
                 consistent with standard X11R6 xterms found on most other
                 Unix machines)
              2) xterm-xfree86 (this is XFree86's terminfo description for
                 xterm)
              3) xterm-debian (this is the Debian Project's terminfo
                 description for xterm, based on the current XFree86 description
                 but containing our modifications)
     There is a long list of technical reasons for the above (admittedly
     complicated) setup, which...