I use fetchmail to download my mail from a POP3 server, and until
recently the local smail/in.smtp process that gets that mail from
fetchmail would immediately deliver the messages to my mailbox.  Now
it queues the mail for delivery, but doesn't actually deliver it until
some minutes later.  If I run 'runq' right after 'fetchmail' then the
mail *is* delivered immediately.

So, how can I force smail to deliver the mail immediately again?  I've
studied all the docs I can find and tried all the smail options that
seem to relate, but nothing helps.  I'm running fetchmail 4.6.0-1 and
smail 3.2.0.101-5 on a fairly current slink system.

A slightly-obscured version of my /etc/smail/config file is attached.

--
Fred Yankowski
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

visible_name=XXX.net