In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Christopher Barry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>In /etc/init.d/ I made a file called wmnetstartup.sh that contains:
>
>#!/bin/sh
>ipfwadm -A in -i -S 0.0.0.0/0
>ipfwadm -A out -i -D 0.0.0.0/0
>
>and then in /etc/rcS.d/ I made a symlink to that script called:
>S60wmnetstartup

That's perfectly allright. That is indeed the way to add something
that needs to be run on boot only (no daemons, just one-time initialization).
The only nitpick I have is that you could/should have used:

update-rc.d wmnetstartup start 60 S .

That makes the link automatically for you. But esp. in the case of rcS.d,
where there is only one link anyway it doesn't really matter.

Mike.
--
  "Did I ever tell you about the illusion of free will?"
    -- Sheriff Lucas Buck, ultimate BOFH.