>Try booting a DOS floppy if you can to see what happens.
I've been using all this time Windows on this computer, and the floppy works
perfectly well. Usually, I start the installation process by booting with a
DOS disk, and then executing boot.bat from the cd.

>Try resetting the CMOS to the manufacturers defaults. You may also
>try removing the two hard drives on your second IDE chain for the install.
>You can reconnect and initialize them once your up and running.
Well, now I've got four disks, but before I had only one and the CD and the
results were worst, since the installation process used to stop after
detecting the disks.

>Assuming the FD controller is on the motherboard, you may want to
>go to the manufacturer web site as see if there is a firmware update
What do you mean by firmware update?

Thanks very much