On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Shawn Lamson wrote:

> >   date; burn-cd.sh; date
> >
> > and burning the CD using cdrdao (48x drive -- about 4 minutes to burn a
> > CD) caused the system clock to fall behind about *50* seconds.
> >
> > Maybe it's because the CD-R is so fast?  "Let's do the time warp again!"
>
> This is why I installed rdate, I think it is b/c it is so processor
> intensive (CD-R).  I didn't read the entire previous thread on ntp,
> but rdate at least does the trick for my single user system.

Just seems really odd.  Interrupts still happen, right?  And to drop 50
seconds in 4 minutes just doesn't seem like a matter of the machine being
too busy to keep time.

Weird.  I need to have him see if it does the same thing with other
burning programs, or when ripping.

--
Bill Moseley [EMAIL PROTECTED]