Hi!

Amanda Shuler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Rainer Clasen wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Amanda Shuler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > > Is there anyone out ther who has the installation images for Debian 2.0
> > > with a kernel version 2.0.36 or greater?  I have 2.0.34 and I am having
> > > trouble with booting... it freaks out when it detects my SCSI card.  It's
> > > an Adaptec AIC-7xxx; I was told that the newer kernels have better support
> > > for Adaptec cards.

I heard there are debian images at the aic7xxx distribution sites. IIRC they
are not yet 2.0.36, but with an up to date aic7xxx driver.
 ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/Linux/aic7xxx
 ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/aic

Uhhm - and some time before that I heard there are images at
http://www.debian.org/~doko but I'm not shure about this one. You may check
the archive of debian-user.

next thing I'd try is using slink bootdisks. Enrique Zanardi said he'll
upload new bootdisks (fitting on 1440 disks) in the next days. IIRC 2.0.35
in slink already has the updated aic7xxx driver or is going to get it. You
might take a look at one of the incoming mirrors - eg.
ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian-incoming

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB