On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 04:53:30PM -0500, Jason Lunz wrote:
> > :0
> > * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > debian-english
> These rules won't do what you want. They should be:

Incorrect.  According to procmailrc(5), they're just fine, even better
than your suggestion (except that they need the lockfile as you
suggested).

> :0:
> * ^To:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> debian-english

This will miss a mail with [EMAIL PROTECTED] in Resent-To, but the
original recipe does not.

Personally I match against the X-Mailing-List headers, supplied by
Smartlist.  This way mail sent to a list and cc'd to me gets sorted to
both the list archive and my personal mail folder, and it won't miss
bcc's to list.  Like this:

:0:

:0:

:0:

Note that I sort all debian-related mailing lists out of my personal
mailbox.  All development-related mail goes to Mail/debian-development
and everything else (like debian-user) goes to Mail/debian-general.
/And/ I get a copy of cc'd mail to my personal mail folder (since I
get two copies, one with X-Mailing-List and one without), which helps
spotting them from all the incoming mail (hundreds a day).

> The rules also needed to be changed...

No.  Please read the MISCELLANEOUS section of procmailrc(5).

> the ".*" means "zero or more characters".

Yes.  However, the ^TO macro is far superior to mindless matching of
any character: the macro will match only whole addresses; partial
matches are not allowed by ^TO.

        Antti-Juhani
--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % [EMAIL PROTECTED] % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%
NOTE: I am migrating to a new setup.  There may still be problems with