> > >   The developers of dpkg could do something like add a 'package
> > grouping'
> > > feature that lets newcomers (especially newbies to X11) understand the
> > > relationship between packages.
>
> Is this a documentation issue? Maybe there is a requirement for a document
explaining the general
> layout of the packages. The grouping of packages seems to be ok.

        No, I think the original poster thought of a kind of hierarchical
grouping where each program/function would be the root of a little tree
detailing all its packages... something like

X-+-xbase

  +-xservers

  +-xfonts

        Anyway, this is a thread that could (should) be in the debian-devel
group...

        There is the apt package in development, all such new features
probably should be implemented in apt.

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda