Go to the help directory on the floppy that came with the card.  There are
directions on how to
compile support for the Netgear card.  All it involves is copying a file
(tulip.c) into your
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net directory and recompiling the kernel.  Be sure to
remember the
questions you're supposed to say "Y" to.  I have the same card, and it works
just fine on my
Debian 2.0 system. I have a dual PPro machine w/128MB RAM, running the 2.1.129
kernel.

Sean