Hello everybody,

I just got my cdrom setup by modifying my fstab file (thanks for the
help!) so that it is user-mountable... Now I can mount it and read a
data-type cd... However, when I try to mount it when an audio cd is
in, it says it's not a proper filesystem (which I guess it's not...)
but if it's not mounted, how can i use a cdplayer program to listen
to the cd... when the drive is not mounted, i get a message saying
that the cdrom is unaccessable...

On a similar note - I'm running hamm, and I have a Soundblaster Awe64
(PnP) and a plug'n'play BIOS... during setup, I vaguely recall
picking a soundblaster driver (does this seem possible?)... If I just
want to listen to cds and .wav files or mpeg3 files, should I have to
recompile the kernel and all of that other harsh stuff described in
the sound HOWTO?

Thanks in advance,

Rich