Hello,

My drive 0 (hda) has three partitions.  The first two are FAT32 Windoze and I
have wiped, removed, and re-created the third with cfdisk.  I selected
'Logical' as the type, through cfdisk, and it was assigned a Type of 83
(Linux).  I can mount it and everything seems to be ok.  My problem is this:  I
want to copy everything from my Linux drive (hdc) /usr directory to this new
partition but when I do 'cp -r * /newpartition' I get error messages that
report the drive type as UMSDOS.  The files seem to copy, but it doesn't appear
that I have the correct format on that partition.  Is any of this making sense?
 My goal is to mount that partition as /usr to make use of the extra space, but
I don't think I'm doing something right.  Do I have to do something beside
setup a partition with cfdisk?

Thanks In Advance

Jeff Miller