From: Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Debian Japan and updates
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:58:40 -0200

>       Hi Debian users,
>       recently I download XFree86 3.3.3 from Debian Japan project. I'm asking
> if is safe to install these packages?

We hope it's safe to install, but XFree86 3.3.3 is still in unstable
branch in debian-jp, so it's not yet much tested.

>       What about put a line in
>       /etc/apt/sources.list
>       to point to Debian Japan?

You can use

 deb ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp stable-jp main contrib non-free

or

 deb http://www.debian.or.jp/debian-jp stable-jp main contrib non-free

Note that in stable-jp, there is the package with the same name of the
Debian hamm, IIRC libc6 with wcsmbs, man-db and so on, so be careful
to add stable-jp to your apt list.

Of course, you may replace stable-jp with frozen-jp (== slink-jp for slink)
or unstable-jp (== potato-jp for potato), and AFAIK frozen-jp and/or
unstable-jp does not contain the package with the same name of the
Debian slink and/or potato, so there is any problem like stable-jp, I think.

We've plan to release slink-jp, that is, change slink-jp from frozen-jp
to stable-jp, within atmost 1 month after slink is released.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI / Debian JP Project