On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 02:29:49PM -0000, Moore, Paul wrote:
> The sound card is described as a SoundBlaster 16 Compatible, made by
> SoundPro. Again, will this be supported, and/or is it a good card? The
> only real use I have for sound is likely to be for games (both under
> Linux and Windows), so it's not a disaster if it's low spec, but I'd
> like something reasonable...
Unless a sound card is an older SB16, it probably isn't really
compatible with SB16. This includes the latest SB16PnP cards from
Creative, which is compatible only with a driver that only works in
DOS/Windows. If you want a sound card that works with 16-bit sound,
make sure you know what chip it uses (specific chip, e.g. the Vibra16
from Creative used to work but the newer ones don't) and check that
it's supported.

--

Patrik Nordebo          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://a39.ryd.student.liu.se/~isildur