On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:44:36 -0500 (EST), Brandon Mitchell wrote:
>
> >128.239.214.7   hobbes.resnet.wm.edu    hobbes
>
> >The loopback address may be better for you (127.0.0.1).
>
>     Isn't loopback always supposed to be "localhost" else it breaks
> some programs?

localhost is on the loopback line as well.  I don't think there is a limit
to the number of symbolic names you can have on a line.  Thanks for
pointing it out though, that may not be obvious to others.

Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
| The above is a completely random sequence of bits, any relation to |
|               an actual message is purely accidental.              |