Ruud de Bruin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> a) It seems that the initailisation of the COM ports is changed. I saw a
> message during boot that something was wrong.

Install the new version of "setserial" from slink or potato.

> b) I could not find a way to access my ZIP drive (parallel). It seems that
> ppa is not present anymore(?)

This is dependent on how the kernel was compiled.  You need at least
CONFIG_PARPORT, CONFIG_PARPORT_PC, CONFIG_SCSI, CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD, and
CONFIG_SCSI_PPA (all as modules in my case), and you might need to
configure the parallel port with the necessary parameters.  In
/etc/conf.modules, I have

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7

> What changes should I made to a "standard" Hamm 2.03 system so I am able
> to use a 2.2.0(Pre) kernel?

BTW, 2.2.0-pre5 was out last time I checked.

$ uname -a
Linux psyche 2.2.0-pre5 #1 Thu Jan 7 23:18:29 NZDT 1999 i586 unknown