On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 08:19:13AM +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> G'day to all, could someone help this slow newbie to sort my mailing lists
> i'm using mutt and sifting through my mail manually is now quite a chore i
> would like to sort them ie: deb-user'luv'etc into there own mailbox when
> fetching mail perhaps a copy of a .muttrc might be helpfull for the
> commands?? anyhow any help would be greatfully appreciated i uuse smail
> and fetchmail is the command i use to retrieve mail Thanks for your
> time:-)
Please restrict your postings to 80 chars/line.

And use procmail for sorting. I attached a copy of my .procmailrc to get you
started.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail ­D 16384 msgid.cache

:0:
* ^TOlws.*
lws

:0:
bynus

:0:
* ^TOautofs.*
autofs

:0:
* ^TOuni-netadmins.*
rus

:0:
* ^TOdcedfs.*
dcedfs

:0:
* ^TO(.*security|win-sec).*
security

:0:
* ^TOlinux-tulip.*
linux-tulip

:0:
* ^TOdebian-user.*
debian-user

:0:
* ^TOdebian-devel.*
debian-devel

:0:
* ^TOdebian-private.*
debian-private

:0:
* ^TO(debian-testing|boot-floppies|debian-boot).*
debian-testing

:0:
* ^TOdebian-bugs.*
debian-bugs

:0:
* ^TOisdn4linux.*
isdn4linux

:0:
* ^TOlinux-kernel.*
linux-kernel

:0:
* ^TO(root|[Ff]ax).*
system

#
# Now care for SPAM
#
:0:
* ^TO([EMAIL PROTECTED])|(free4u2.com)
spam

:0: E
* ^FROM([0-9]+@)|(@widexs.com)|([EMAIL PROTECTED])
spam

:0: E
* (^X-Advertisement:)|(^X-[0-9]: )
spam

:0: E
* ^received:.*(cyber\-bomber|CLOAKED|from unverified source)
spam

# impossible ip address in Received: line  - one of cyberpromo's tricks.
:0: E
* ^Received.*\[[0-9\.]*([03-9][0-9][0-9]|2[6-9][0-9]|25[6-9])
spam