After upgrading to potato X11, as root I can startx.  But when I run
xdm, and log in as a user, I get this:

>  electra:/etc/X11# less /home/lex/.xsession-errors
> :16: invalid preprocessing directive name
> :33: invalid preprocessing directive name
> /etc/X11/Xsession: [: sh: binary operator expected

And when I try startx as a user, also I get the same message:

> :16: invalid preprocessing directive name
> :33: invalid preprocessing directive name
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc: [: sh: binary operator expected

I already fixed an error in the Xsession file, having to add ;; on a
line.

Now what is this?

Windowmaker is broken.  Afterstep has been broken for a couple of
weeks: a difference in config files?  (I'd done some tweaks).

Alan Davis

--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)
AAA196, Box 10001    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis