I just copied the tecra rescue image to a floppy and tried it out on my
ThinPad 560 and it did not go into a loop of reboots and is presenting me with
the Debian System Installation menu :)

This is what I want to do now and this is not really covered in the
documentation, I don't think.

I have no CDROM on the ThinkPad, but my other machine, running Debian 2.0,
does have one and there is a 10BaseT conection between the two machines.

Is it possible to install the base system to the ThinkPad with the base
floppies and then finish the installation via FTP or NFS off the other machine?

thanks

--
Andrew