On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dear friends,
> I recently downloaded and installed Netscape 3.01. Everytime I try to
> launch it. it says it can't load libXpm.so.4. I really don' know what to do...
> Any help??? thanx
> giulio
> ps: I run Debian 2.0R3

It seems to be the case that you need some 'old-libs' libraries installed.
Please, try to do that with dselect. I don't remember exactly the package
names but probably dselect info will tell you quite exactly what you'll
need. Or someone better informed will tell you the exact package name...?

Actually I just yesterday managed to get a Netscape 4.04 working which I
installed using rpm -package coming out of SuSE distr 5.2. ...

The dep installer for Netscape didn't work as expected when I made first a
tarball out of rpm and put that in /tmp as informed to do by dselect, but
it neverthless works now, after using alien -i.

hv
[EMAIL PROTECTED]