On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 07:39:12PM -0000, Pollywog wrote:
> Here are some errors I am getting.  Below I include my /etc/modules.  I
> compiled the modules into the kernel, so do I need /etc/modules at all?

You have compiled the modules for _use_ with the kernel. If you wanted them
to be build _into_ the kernel you should have compiled them not as modules, but
as regular kernel options.

> Unusual System Events
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sorry, can't help you there. I've no ideia.

> # /etc/modules
> #auto

Anyway, why don't you uncomment the auto entry? This way the kernel loads
the modules as it needs them, and you don't have to mention all of them in
/etc/modules.

OTOH, why don't you try 2.2.x? It's great with the modules, installing and
removing them from memory and you don't even notice.

Cheers,
--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.