Apologies for cross-posting to debian-user and debian-ISP but I
think you're the people I need.

I run a site under Apache-SSL very happily under Debian but
someone wants me to run a new site for him which would have
about 450 articles (journal articles), about 4m words.  He and I
would want to make it searchable with a few structured text fields
(the usual bibliographic ones: authors, journal, issue date, volume,
issue, pages, abstract, text).  I guess year and issue date would
want to be searchable with gt, ge, lt, le etc. There'd be a few, a
very few, graphics in the text.  All that's fine for the WWW site but
he rightly wants to be able to put it on a CDROM too and I agree
but don't want to do any unnecessary duplication of effort.  I
remember there are ways of putting the CGI/perl or some other
searchability, together with all the data onto a CDROM so that I
could do the WWW version and transfer it easily to CDROM.

Horrid bit is that the result would have to be readable from Windoze
and probably from Macs as well to be commercially viable.
Anyone been down this route?  Any advice/thoughts?

TIA,

Chris
PSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]