On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, CSR de Port-au-Prince wrote:

> I get a Slackware 2.0.29 Kernel of Linux. I'd like to know if it's Y2K.
> If not which version is Y2K.
>
> Thank you to answer me at
>
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Thanks
> Reynold GUERRIER

Reynold:

Y2K problems stem from a two digit date, done to "save" memory.

Linux and Unix maintain the date in a 32 bit number. It will
roll over in 2038, by which time, I hope, I'm running a 64 bit
machine and Linux or its free successor.  (That is, if I live
that long. I'll be 98 then.)

David Teague [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Debian GNU/Linux Because with Linux there is no Y2K problem.
         Because the support is fast, correct, useful, and free.
         Because reboots are for hardware and kernel upgrades.