On Fri, 02 Apr 1999 00:20:41 CST, Matt Garman wrote:

> Until I can afford a new hard drive, I find myself typing "df" often
> to see how much free space I have on each partition.
>
> I think it would be nice to have a little utility that displays graphs
> of free space per partition, and updates regularly (a graphic output
> of df, if you will).  I'm visualizing bar graphs, here, but I suppose
> any type of graph would work.
>
> Something that could be swallowed in some sort of desktop module would
> be especially nice (FvwmButtons, Wharf, ...).  So maybe I could have
> three little bar graphs showing the free space for three partitions I
> specify.
>
> Does anyone know if anything of this sort exists?

I use asfsm (afterstep filesystem manager) in wharf, which gives a bar
graph of all mounted filesystems in a 64x64 pixel tile, and provides a
utility to mount and unmount filesystems as well as showing a numerical
readout of the percentage of disk space used.

Unfortunately, if root is not also running asfsm it will not update the
display for non root users (it shows whatever the levels were last time
root ran asfsm), and it gives a constant stream of errors on the X-win
initiating console for non root users of the type:
  sh: /usr/tmp/statfs: Permission denied

I still like it better than anything else I've seen.  asfsm was dropped
from afterstep either at version 1.5 or the version before that (??).
I salvaged mine.  That's all the information I have.
--
David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]