Vaidhyanathan G Mayilrangam wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I have a Linksys and it seems like your card is identified right. However.
> take a look at /etc/init.d/network. I am using IP 192.168.1.1 and have it
> like this.

[config info snipped]

> This code brings up the network. you might want to check if you have the
> above statements in your file.
>
> Let me know,
>
> Cheers,
> Vaidhy

I've entered the info into my /etc/init.d/network file. I've set up my
/etc/hosts file to reflect my ip address and hostname. I was confused on
what to enter into my /etc/resolv.conf. Originally I had a line that
read "search ." then my two dns entries. I have some documentation that
instructs me to insert "search domain.im.in.home.com" as the example. I
only have a subdomain listed. I tried the "search ." to start.

I was able to ping my ip address and my gateway, but not the
nameservers. Also, in order to do so, I had to stop and restart the
network using /etc/init.d/network stop (start). I had to do this even
after I rebooted. um, what else... I tried replacing the line in my
resolv.conf with "search .", but got the same results.

I should have written this down, as I'm flipping between Linux and
Windows to correspond now.

Any ideas? Thanks again (because I couldn't have come this far on my
own).

Mark