On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Rick Macdonald wrote:

   On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

   > http://ompages.com/debian/pkgs/pine/pine.html

   The above URL seems to need www.ompages.com.

   I looked at pine 4.05 back in October, and found that it no longer
   reads and modifies /var/spool/mail directly. It copies the mail to
   its own mail file in my home dir.

   I couldn't find an option to retain the old behaviour. Does anybody
   know if it's still possible?

   If not, I guess I stick with 3.96 or run imapd?

   ...RickM...

If the file ~/mbox exists, pine will move your inbox mail to this
file.  To maintain your mailbox in /var/spool/mail you can either:

  1.  (re)Move the file ~/mbox
  2.  Disable this option in your ~/.pinerc by modifying the
      disable-these-drivers line to read:

      # List of mail drivers to disable. See technical notes.
      disable-these-drivers=mbox

Hope this helps.
Dennis
--