Let's just agree to disagree, shall we?  We're both right as far as it
goes--you have the most elegant solution, I have the quick and dirty
solution.  Both are partly right and partly wrong, mine because there's
abuse, yours because it's a hassle beyond the worth of most attachments
and dependent on the charity of others.  But please remember that not all
attachments are evil--some of them are at least benign, if not good.