In a message dated 4/8/99 11:59:42 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> My laptop used to work just beautifully with my pcmcia modem, it was
>  recognized and dialed just fine--now when I run 'pon' I get:
>
>  pppd 2.3.5 started by bob
>  tcgetattr: Input/output error(5)
>  Exit.
>
>  carctl status tells me that it recognizes that the card is there.
>  Does anyone have any ideas?

I have this problem now and then - and it's resolved by doing a setserial for
the correct irq value on your com port.  For the life of me I can't figure
out why I don't get this error every time I boot up - I guess sometimes it
finds the correct IRQ and other times it doesn't.

-Jay