On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 10:29:14PM -0500, André Bell wrote:
  I was hoping to avoid using fvwm because it takes so long to load on a 486,
  let alone launch another program within fvwm.  I waited a half an hour for
  a game to load -- don't want to do that again...

  Is there a way to launch x programs work from the command line instead?

Yeah...
All you really need to do is to set your DISPLAY environment variable,
and you can then run stuff from the command line...
  for csh and derivations:  setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0
  for bash and related: export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
and you're all set to run from that console...you have to re-setenv if
you open a new shell, so you might want to put that in your .cshrc or
bashrc...

 - flip

------------------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED] --
"Good.  Bad.  I'm the guy with the gun."
   -- Ash, Army of Darkness