In a message dated 5/14/99 9:43:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > I really only have 1 complaint and thats that I simply can not figure out
>  > how to use rxvts in KDE. While I can open them they are always off to the
>  > top/left hand side of the screen and pushed off almost completely. I can
>  > only see the very edge of it on the screen. Can anyone tell me how to use
>  > an rxvt in KDE??
>
>  Forget it. Use kvt, it's derived from rxvt and as of 1.1.1 works pretty
>  well. Change the default to a login shell, though.
>
>  I spent some time trying to make either rxvt or xterm work (albeit with
>  an earlier version) and finally gave up. Nothing really wrong with the
>  kvt once you get it set up the way you want it (IMHO).

I don't know squat about rxvts - but I can say this much - I had  to do some
work with KDE and non-KDE apps before I could really use things efiiciently.
I run off a laptop and almost all my windows were of the boundaries of the
screen.

The fix is easy - it involves using the -geometry option in your command
lines to start given apps, or creating entries in your Xresources files to do
basically the same thing.

-Jay