hi
   ->   Even as a work station linux works fine on 486 hardware. Your basing
your
   -> argument on what you view as a "workstation." Howeve, without X a
   -> 486/66 does fine depending on it's purpose. You certainly don't need
   -> pentium power to run vi, lynx, and elm. What else do you need? :> While
   -> I didn't try it, I'm guessing a 486 could be used as a slow, but viable,
   -> devel system also.

   I am running slink on 5x86/100, 32 megs of RAM and I quite like it. I'd like
   to have 48 megs just because I run samba and NFS and wannna to have some
   services on it. I use netscape (4.6 now) and i had staroffice installed but
   i removed it cause i didn't like it...

   Now, the only one problem I have is - i can't play mp3's ;)

5x86/100 should play with CPU load around %70
(at least this is what i've been told ;))

OK