Hi all,

I was directed here by a very helpful person on the comp.os.linux.setup
group, (thanks Tom!) looks like just what I need. I have been puttering
with Linux for a few years, started with Slackware, tried Redhat 4x and
5x, and lately I got my hands on Debian 2.0, Caldera 2.2, Linux Pro and
SuSe. Any questions I have here will (obviouslty) refer to the Debian
distribution. I have 3 pcs I am working on at once, here are the stats:

486, 16 meg ram, 300 meg hd (FAT16)  & 200 meg hd (ext2) no cdrom -
Debian 2.0, some generic ISA video

P100, 24 meg ram, 1.2 gig hd (ext2)  4X Mitsumi - Calera 2.2, STB
Powergraph 64v+ running KDE (blech)

Celron 300a @ 450, 64 megs ram, 4.2 gig & 800 meg hd., 36X IDE cd. Riva
16meg TNT - nothing yet.

I am thinking about putting Debian 2.0 on the Celeron, and when I have
PPP running connect to the ftp site and upgrade it to the latest (2.2?)

My question is, what sort of X11 window managers are included with 2.0?
I know COL comes with KDE (I am not terribly impressed with it), and I
have not yet gotten to the point where I can switch window managers on a
whim like  changing Themes in 95 (although it IS a goal of mine!) I used
Afterstep on one of the RH boxes and I liekd it, mostley because it
didnt look too much like 95; my opinion is, it aint 95, why would I want
it to LOOK like it? :-)

Anyway, opinions welcome!

Tony

--
System halted: hit any user to continue.